Oh YOU GUYS!
I've been dying to share these images for some time now. This gal is such a doll! She's genuine, gorgeous, and has such a sweet and fun personality! And not to mention her style is amazing! If I could do sessions like this everyday, my life would be made.
We've added a new member to our team, and her name is LATISHA! And she's pretty flipping rad.
One of the things that I told myself I was going to be doing this year was shooting more of what I love. I LOVE good style! I LOVE fashion! I LOVE bringing out that raw beauty in my clients. So when this idea of having an assistant/personal stylist at my side during sessions first popped up in my head, I was like....OMG, why didn't I think of this sooner! So we scheduled a shoot, for our Meet Me Monday blog series to showcase her fun personality and killer style!
Here's a little about Latisha and what inspires her when putting together different looks.
1. What/who inspires your style? Music
2. What is one staple piece in your closet you can't live without? My Jessica Simpson black ponte knit leggings. They have pockets and a zipper closure just like jeans but the comfort of leggings.
3. How what you describe your style? Eclectic and inspired. I try not to box myself in. If I like the way something looks, I'll try it!
4. What is one rule you live by when putting together an outfit? I always keep in mind that, it doesn't have to "match" it just has to "go"
5. What are your favorite clothing/accessories/shoes stores? Well, I'm a bargain shopper so I like browsing online for accessories and finding similar looks and items at discount stores like TJ Maxx. Places I gather inspiration from Free People, Anthropologie, Spell Designs, and Madewell.
6. What is your favorite trend this season? For fall 2015, I'll be trying a lot of belted scarves. They can be worn under or over jackets, with dresses and pattern mixing is encouraged!! Really the possibilities seem endless with this trend.
7. Tell me three words that describe you perfectly. Thrifty. Moody. Ambitious.
8. How did you effortlessly put together the looks for this shoot? Talk me through this. ;) I didn't!!! Well not alone anyway. I am thankful that i was able to bounce some ideas off my sister, Amanda (hair & MUA). Its slightly overwhelming choosing looks to be photographed in. I explained to her that it is far easier to give input when its someone else wearing the clothes. That's why I am excited for this opportunity, I want to be able to help seniors with their outfit making decisions to get the "complete look".
9. Any tips or tricks to taking an ok outfit and making it a wow outfit? Garment care! This is definitely one step towards building a WOW outfit. Making sure a garment looks good means laundering correctly and pressing if needed. A little tool that can also perfect the look of a garment is a de-piller. I can't believe I lived 25 years without one. The little balls of material that gather mostly on your synthetic fiber garments, shaves them right off!! Woohoo!!
10. Online shopping or in store? Online browsing, in-store purchasing
11. We want to know, how was your experience in front of the K + S camera? I was so nervous for my photo shoot. But once we started shooting, the nerves were gone. Kuirsta gives great direction. Not only that, she is your biggest coach on scene. She's super positive and with every "that is so good!" or "you rockin it" my confidence grew.
12. How do you think an on location stylist will help transform the K + S experience? Kuirsta + Seth has set up a great team. Adding stylists to the team is going to take any stress out of getting the "complete look". Being on location reassures the finishing touches are applied to every outfit.